DEEP FRIED CRUMMED FILLET OF FISH
Here’s a great way to enjoy fresh fish this summer. The crispy panko crumbs will be a favorite with kids of all ages. It’s deliciously creamy and the flavors are perfect with fish – enjoy!
- 500g fish fillets, such as snapper, gurnard, or tarakihi
- ¼ cup flour
- salt and pepper
- 1 egg
- 1 ½ cup breadcrumbs
- 3 Tbsp oil
- Wash and pat the fish fillets dry with paper towels. Place the flour onto a plate and season with salt and pepper. Break the egg into a shallow bowl and whisk with 1 tablespoon water. Place the panko crumbs onto another plate.
- Coat one fillet in seasoned flour, then dip in the beaten egg. Finally, coat the fish in the panko crumbs and place on a clean plate. Repeat with remaining fillets. Refrigerate for 10 to 15 minutes before cooking.
- Heat the oil in a frying pan over medium heat. Place the fish in the pan and cook for 5 to 7 minutes, or until the breadcrumbs are golden and the fish is just cooked through. Drain on paper towels.
- Serve while hot
- Free global shipping on all orders
- 30 days easy returns if you change your mind
- Order before noon for same day dispatch