PEPPER BEEF MEAT
Pepper Steak is an easy stir-fry dish. Tender slices of beef are cooked with bell peppers in a thick savory sauce. This popular Chinese American dish can be made in less than 30 minutes and tastes better than take-out.
- 1 lb flank steak or top sirloin steak thinly sliced (about 1/8 inch thick) against the grain
- 1 tbsp cornstarch
- 1 tbsp cooking oil like olive oil or canola oil
- 2 bell peppers seeds remove and thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1 tsp grated ginger
- 3 tbsp low sodium soy sauce
- 3 tbsp water
- 1 tbsp rice vinegar
- 1/2 tbsp brown sugar or sugar substitute
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
Add all sauce ingredients to a small bowl. Whisk to evenly mix and set aside.
Sprinkle cornstarch over beef. Toss beef until evenly coated.
Add cooking oil to a large skillet or wok and bring to medium-high heat. When oil is hot, add in the beef, spreading the slices out so that none of the pieces overlap. Sear a few minutes on one side before flipping and searing the other side. Beef should not be fully cooked, only seared on both sides.
Add in the bell pepper strips. Cook about 1 minute. Pour in the sauce. Stir beef and peppers in the sauce. Taste and adjust sauce as needed. Cook until sauce is thickened, and beef and peppers are fully cooked. Serve immediately with rice or rice substitute.
- Free global shipping on all orders
- 30 days easy returns if you change your mind
- Order before noon for same day dispatch