Lyonnaise Potatoes is the classic French side dish of potatoes and onions pan-fried until crispy and tender and tossed with fresh parsley. It’s the perfect accompaniment for a special holiday dinner and easy enough to serve at a weekday meal too!
- 3 large baking potatoes, scrubbed clean and dried well
- 2 medium onions, peeled and cut in half, then cut into ¼’ thick half slices
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter or your choice of fat (duck, bacon, etc)
- salt & freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 tablespoon fresh flat-leafed parsley, chopped
Preheat oven to 400F/204C degrees. **Par-cook potatoes by piercing each one several times with a fork or knife tip and bake until tender, about 45 minutes. Allow potatoes to cool slightly.
Peel the potatoes, if desired, and cut in half lengthwise, then cut each half into ¼” slices. Set aside.
In a large skillet over medium-high heat, heat 2 tablespoons of butter/fat until melted. Add half of the potatoes and sauté until light brown, about 4 to 5 minutes. Add half of the onions and a little salt and pepper, then continue cooking until potatoes are golden brown and onions are just cooked for about 7 to 8 minutes. Remove from pan and set aside to keep warm. Repeat the process with the remaining potatoes and onions.
When all potatoes and onions are cooked, toss with the fresh chopped parsley and serve immediately.
- Free global shipping on all orders
- 30 days easy returns if you change your mind
- Order before noon for same day dispatch