SLICED FILLET OF FISH
Don’t let the simplicity of this tasty fried fish recipe fool you: The fillets fry up perfectly cooked inside, with a beautiful golden crust.
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- Salt, to taste
- Pepper, to taste
- 1 pound fish fillets (such as haddock, tilapia, or cod)
- 2 cups vegetable oil, for frying
- Lemon wedges, tartar sauce, or rémoulade, optional
- In a shallow bowl or deep plate, combine the flour, paprika, salt, and pepper and mix well.
- Dip 1 or 2 fish fillets into the flour mixture. Make sure they are completely coated on all sides and gently shake off any excess. Repeat the process with the remaining fillets.
- Pour 1 inch of oil into a skillet and heat over medium-high heat to 375 F
- Working in batches, fry the fish in the hot oil for about 6 minutes on each side, or until golden brown, crispy, and cooked through. Remove and set on a cooling rack to let drain.
- Serve hot with lemon wedges, tartar sauce, or homemade rémoulade sauce, if desired. Enjoy.
- Free global shipping on all orders
- 30 days easy returns if you change your mind
- Order before noon for same day dispatch